End of the year already! Jeez. 2009 has been a big year for me. I began writing a novel that didn’t get abandoned after chapter 5, and I started a blog. What about you?
Current Chapter in First Draft (Typed) Stage: 15/33
Current Chapter in Edit Stage: None
I began writing Poseidon’s Trident on January 28. 338 days later, I’m currently writing chapter 15 (but just about finished). Sheesh, I better get a move on. At the rate I’m going, I wont finish until January 2011!! Better get a move on.
Current Story in Rough Draft Stage: The Fox
Current Story in Edit Stage: None
I’ve been going slow with the Daniel Fox series. Over the year, I wrote one, started a second while editing the first, and decided the first needed a major re-write. The Fox is now awaiting a re-write, which I’ve been meaning to do for months. 2010, perhaps?
Goals for December:
- Keep working on my WIP!!! – Check…
I wont have any goals for January. Instead, some New Year Resolutions.
Goals for 2010:
- Finish the rough draft of PT (by writing 250 words a day)
- Find some new authors to read
By writing 250 words each day, I should have the rough draft finished by the end of the year. Fingers crossed!
At the beginning of the year, I set myself some resolutions. Here they are:
Goals for 2009:
- Stick with story plan – don’t keep changing it – Nope. I changed it many times through the year, but that was good, each time the story got better.
- Write at least four pages of writing on any WIP each week – Good idea when I set it, but in hindsight, kind of ridiculous. What was I thinking? I’d never have enough time to write all that.
- Get people reading my blog – Check. I mean, you are reading this, aren’t you?
Hmmm. I think that covers everything. I’m still enjoying my holiday, having posted this earlier in the month. Stay tuned, because I’ll be back on January 18, 2010, and the blog should be bigger and better than before. I’ll run through all that next year.
Anyway, how was your year? What exciting things happened for you?