Over my Easter holidays, I addressed a word count issue regarding my WIP. The WIP was estimated to be 105K, which is waaay too long. (Why I didn’t fix this problem a long time ago, I don’t know.)
So, I’ve trimmed down the plot, taking out everything that isn’t needed, and pulled the word count down to about 80K. Much better for a first novel. That cut in words should have brought the expected due date for my to complete the writing forward by a long time (previously September). But by slimming down the plot, I had to cut the latest chapters out. Chapters I just wrote. Which means that anything I wrote after mid February has to be scrapped. Not good.
Now I’ve estimated my novel should be complete by 30 June (using the assumption that I’ll be writing 250 words every day).
Wish me luck!